Monday 3 November 2014

Writing Dialogue
 

   
       "So the thing is," I explained "I was on my way to school when I forgot to deliver the daily newspapers."

       He glared at me with a stale look on his face. I could tell he was not buying my excuse.

      "Tell me more," He growled.

      I continued. "After I finished my route I was clubbed over the head by a tree trunk while walking back."

       "And how does something like that happen," He questioned.

       I was beginning to shake, my knees quivering. I could not convince him to believe me.

       "So," He spouted out, impatient with my excuses.

       I took a deep breath and finished the rest of my explanation. "By the time I got to school." I inhaled one more large gust of air. "I forgot I had left my homework on the kitchen counter back at home."

       He wasn't amused, "I'll call home after this block," he announced

       "Alright," I gasped.


No comments:

Post a Comment